Canadian Basic RPAS (Drone) Ground School
Basic Drone Ground School
In-person classroom theory covering the 2019 Canadian RPAS Pilot Knowledge Requirements for the Basic operations permit exam
- Select date & location
- Attend course
- Learn essential knowledge needed to fly your drone
- Take Transport Canada small basic operations exam
- Register your drone
- Go Fly
1 day, 8hr
Basic PRAS Ground School
1-day 8-hour course
Basic Transport Canada Knowledge Requirements for the Small Basic Operations.
If you meet all 3 of these conditions, you’re conducting basic operations:
- You fly it in uncontrolled airspace
- You fly it more than 30 metres (100 feet) horizontally from bystanders
- You never flyover bystanders
If you do not meet any 1 of these 3 conditions, you are conducting advanced operations.
For example, let’s say you fly your drone more than 30 metres (100 feet) horizontally from bystanders but in controlled airspace. This operation is advanced because you’re flying in controlled airspace even if you’re more than 30 metres (100 feet) horizontally from bystanders.
For basic operations, here are some of the rules you must follow:
|Date and Location||
Vancouver February 6th