Special Flight Operations Certificate
You need to obtain a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) if ANY of the following is true:
- Your aircraft has a take-off weight above 25kg.
- You want to fly next to a building and there is a neighbouring building within 9km.
- You want to fly in anything other than class G airspace.
- You want to be able to operate at a moment’s notice.
See our SFOC page for more information.
The Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) is the certificate issued by Transport Canada that you need in order to fly a remotely piloted aircraft for commercial purposes. The application process can be daunting. We can help.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR THE SFOC
- UAV aircraft
- UAV insurance
- Operations personnel
- Location information
- Permission from property owners / event organizers
STARTING YOUR SFOC APPLICATION
After purchase, you will receive a form to fill out with your information. Fill it out and we can get started on your application.