What Training Do I Need?

The training that you need will depend on where you fly and the situation in which you fly.

Here is how to tell if you are in controlled airspace or not (video below)

BASIC Permit

You need the BASIC drone permit if you are


You need the ADVANCED drone permit if you are

SPECIAL Permission

You need special permission to fly your drone if​

  • You are not a Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • You want to fly over 400 feet above the ground
  • Your drone weighs more than 30 KG
  • You are flying at an advertised event
  • You are carrying a restricted payload